thinking harder





In a manner of speaking I imagine the space designed in a way that would reflect the construction of coral. Form a microscopic level to the largest scale of the entire life of a reef; coral is a measure of one thing developing on another and codependence.









I took the idea of hoe the coral is many organic living forms attached to a skeletal structure. I visualize the hatchery being laid out with organic spaces around a geometric hall (path, way finding), incased in a geometric space.


Along with that the materials to create the space must be easily changeable, whether that mean being multifunctional of interchangeable.


 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 2 comments:

Michael Hardiman said...

i like the visuals that you placed in the narrative. they really enable you to see what your talking about. however, maybe if you walked the person through the space then you could see how they all come together

October 28, 2009 at 11:36 AM

Lily Glover said...

I love the images you chose for your narrative. I used the same first image you have of the fish eggs on my blog. I would like to hear more about what aspects of the coral reef you want to reflect in the space, especially thoughts on materiality because that could play a big part in your design.

October 28, 2009 at 12:00 PM

Post a Comment